Don founded Leading Edge in 1981 and is the Managing Member for Leading Edge Retirement Plan Advisors, LLC. He received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of West Florida in 1979 with a major in Marketing. In 1982 and 1983, he completed Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) requirements at The American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Don has served in leadership roles within various local, regional and national organizations. In addition, he is a current member of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence and is AIF (Accredited Investment Fiduciary) certified.
When not working or relaxing with his wife, daughters and two grandchildren, Don can be found on the golf course striving to beat his best game, or out on the open road enjoying his motorcycle. He works hard, plays hard and takes his responsibilities to clients as seriously as his commitment to family.
Diane is Don’s wife of 33 years, and the co-founder of Leading Edge. She serves as Chief Financial Officer for Leading Edge Retirement Plan Advisors, LLC, and has more than 30 years’ experience in accounting and financial services. Diane is responsible for all financial aspects of the company, including budgeting and accounts payable.
She received her Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from the University of West Florida, and holds a Life, Health and Variable Annuities license with the State of Florida.
When Diane isn’t supporting Leading Edge or spending time with her husband, daughters and grandchildren, she enjoys gardening and giving back to the community. She has been a member of the Green Thumb Garden Club for 23 years, and the President of the club twice. She was also instrumental in the completion of the Berne Davis Gardens as President of the Fort Myers-Lee County Garden Council. She supports local organizations, including St. Michael’s Lutheran Church and School, Evangelical Christian Schools, Covenant House, Salvation Army, Alliance Defense Fund, and the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Fiduciary Oversight: We help you manage your fiduciary liability responsibly with an extensive six-step process that ensures an affordable, customized and compliant retirement strategy.
- Independence & Integrity: We answer only to you, delivering objective advice free of conflicts of interest and disclosing all compensation.
- Local Expertise: Locally, we have multiple Accredited Investment Fiduciary® advisors and a Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist. Our staff consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who love what they do and take client advocacy seriously.
- National Expertise: We’re part of a national network that includes ten RFP Analysts, three CPS’s, one ERISA attorney and extensive clout through 700 advisory firms who manage over $100 billion in assets, within 30,000 active plans.
- Tools & Technology: We invest in the best tools available to help you succeed. Our plan benchmarking and investment monitoring tools are supported by RPAG, the largest retirement plan investment management group in the United States. You’ll also receive measured results through plan-level analytics.
- Participant Support: We understand that the key to a successful plan is a successful participant. Customized engagement is provided at the participant level, from online tools to one-on-one participant support.
We incorporate a team approach to the service we provide to our clients. Each of our employees works closely with the client, utilizing their unique abilities to best serve your needs.
Retirement Plan Advisor
CFP, ChFC, AIF, CRPS
Retirement Plan Specialist
Retirement Plan Specialist
Barbara Heerlyn, CRPS
Retirement Plan Manager
Accounting & Financial Analyst